Voter Checklist for August Election
Plainfield Township will hold a state primary election Aug. 2 to determine which candidates will represent their political parties in the November general election.
The ballot will include U.S. representative, governor, state senator and representative, county commissioner and two county millage proposals.
To ensure voters take the proper steps to cast their ballot, the Clerk’s Office has put together a checklist for residents planning to vote in the August election.
If you plan to vote, you should:
- Register to vote or confirm you are registered.
- Find your polling location if you plan to vote in person.
- Fill out an absentee ballot application if you do not plan to vote in person.
- All voters who plan to cast an absentee ballot must fill out an absentee ballot application – even if they are on the Township’s automatic application list. The Township automatically sends an application – not an absentee ballot – to registered voters on this list.
- If you are not on the Township’s automatic application list but want to be, you can complete an application here.
- For 2022, the Clerk’s Office will use a dual application for absentee voting. This means absentee voters can complete and submit only one application to receive ballots in the mail for the August and November elections.
- Voters can sign up to receive an absentee ballot application automatically in the mail leading up to any election.
- Track your absentee application and ballot.
- View sample ballots.
- Contact the Township Clerk’s Office with any questions.
- Review answers to frequently asked questions about elections.