Your Summer Guide to Township Parks and Trails
Summer is officially underway, and the Township has 16 parks and 11 miles of trails for you to enjoy all season long.
Here’s a quick guide to some of the popular parks to help you plan your summer outdoor activities.
- Charles Weldon Veterans Memorial Park offers residents an opportunity to honor and remember Plainfield Township military members who have died in service to our country.
- D.W. Richardson Park has three baseball diamonds, playground equipment, shuffleboard and basketball courts as well as a pavilion available for rent. Call the Township at 616.363.9399 to make a reservation.
- Grand Isle Park offers nearly 3,000 feet of frontage along the Grand River, fishing on the nearby inland lake, has an 18-hole disc golf course and features a variety of wildlife in the wetland areas.
- Grand Rogue Park features ponds, hiking trails, picnic areas, fishing on the nearby inland lake and access to the Grand and Rogue rivers.
- Premier Park offers mountain biking on Merrell Trail and access to baseball, softball and soccer fields. A BMX track and an archery center are also operated on the park’s grounds.
- Note: Merrell Trail is currently closed for maintenance until July 9 and the soccer fields are currently closed for maintenance until Aug. 1.
- Versluis Park features a beach and swimming area, playground areas, picnic facilities, horseshoes and volleyball courts, a fishing pier, a 1-mile paved walking trail and canoe, kayak and small rowboat access (carry-in only).
- Trails that run through the Township include the Fred Meijer White Pine Trail, Rockford Trail and Jupiter Trail.