Your Summer Guide to Township Parks and Trails
June 20 is the first official day of summer, and the Township offers 16 parks and 11 miles of trails for you to enjoy all season long.
Here’s a quick guide to some of the popular parks to help you plan your summer outdoor activities.
- Charles Weldon Veterans Memorial Park offers residents an opportunity to honor and remember Plainfield Township military members who have died in service to our country.
- W. Richardson Park has three baseball diamonds, playground equipment, shuffleboard and basketball courts as well as a pavilion available for rent. Call the Township at 616.363.9399 to make a reservation.
- Grand Isle Park offers nearly 3,000 feet of frontage along the Grand River, has an 18-hole disc golf course and features a variety of wildlife in the wetland areas.
- Grand Rogue Park is the Township’s newest park and features ponds, hiking trails, picnic areas and access to the Grand and Rogue rivers.
- Premier Park offers mountain biking on Merrell Trail and access to soccer fields. A BMX track and an archery center are also operated on the park’s grounds.
- Versluis Park features a beach and swimming area, playground areas, picnic facilities, horseshoes and volleyball courts, a fishing pier, a 1-mile paved walking trail and canoe, kayak and small rowboat access (carry-in only).
- Trails that run through the Township include the Fred Meijer White Pine Trail and Jupiter Trail. Construction is underway on the Rockford Trail that will stretch from Rogue River Road to Rockford High School.
For more information on parks and recreation opportunities in the Township and a complete list of Township parks, visit click here.